Ingredients (Serves 6-8)
- 500 g quality lamb, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 6-8 skewers or sticks fresh rosemary, lower leaves removed, tips kept on
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into 2.5cm pieces
For the marinade
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 cloves
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- First bash up all the spices in a pestle and mortar until fine, then mix with the oil to make a thick marinade paste.
- Put the lamb pieces into a bowl and cover with the marinade. Let them sit there for half an hour to an hour.
- Then, using the rosemary sticks or skewers, spike each piece of meat alternately with red onion and peppers.
- Grill for around 5 minutes, turning regularly, to give you nicely charred meat on the outside with juicy pink on the inside.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes – that is, if you can stop yourself eating them straight away!